UTA Full Service Card – card security comes first
UTA Full Service Card holders are certainly on the safe side – namely with regard to UTA’s Europe-wide network of points of acceptance, to cashless settlement of all vehicle-related supplies and services, and to card security by means of the PIN code requirement and transaction control to prevent from fraudulent card use.
However, it is also the card holder’s responsibility to handle the UTA Service Card in a responsible manner. Thus, the following guidelines must be adhered to.
UTA's recommendations for card security:
- Never leave your UTA Service Card unattended in your vehicle or somewhere in your company building.
- Always treat your service card as if it was cash and always carry your service card along with you.
- Always memorise your PIN code and never keep it together with your service card.
- Always ask the service station personnel to use the card within eyeshot.
- Always make sure that the PIN code is not observable by others when entering it.
- Check your invoices for correctness (dates and fuel consumptions) at regular intervals.
- Always report any loss or theft of a service card immediately.
In case you are using a company-related PIN code for your service cards, we recommend you to switch to the so-called “system PIN code”, which is a random PIN code generated for each service card individually.
What needs to be done in case of loss or theft of a service card?
Unfortunately, in Europe we have repeatedly suffered from breaking and entering into vehicles and theft of service cards. Usually, the delinquents systematically break into parked or broken down vehicles or vehicles which are parked in on-site car parks. In most cases refuelling and service cards are stolen. Even if obviously nothing has been stolen, we recommend you to have the relevant card blocked immediately. It cannot be excluded that the delinquents have broken into the vehicle to copy the card data.
It is essential to immediately block the relevant service card. In case of loss or theft of a service card the time factor is very important, and a loss of time may, in deed, cost quite some money.
This is how to block your service card:
by fax: 00800 - 88 22 52 25 (cost-free)
by e-mail: email@example.com